1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Residential' started by yoop, Nov 10, 2017.

1. yoop

yoop Money talks......but all mine says is "Goodbye"!

Howdy all.....Goodman GCVM960805 this is my own furnace.

I need someone who's familiar with Goodmans modulating furnaces to lend me a hand. Replaced the board in the furnace and it no gives me an error code of D0 (data not yet on network). WTF does that mean? It talks about using a memory card?

.......and yes I am a professional. most of the old timers here should remember me or at least my profile pic. :rock:

2. NZ All Blacks Fan

NZ All Blacks Fan Just Another swinging Dick

its bee na while yoop yah I remember that pic - very beautiful women

3. yoop

Howdy!

4. Chuck

Chuck SSP

@knave has that furnace too I think.

Does it have a personality module like trane? Or do you have to program the new board for the existing furnace?

5. yoop

First time I've had to work on it since I installed it. Apparently there is a diff memory card required for each model, when you replace the board. Would have been nice to know that when I ordered one of every part, and put them by the furnace for any future problems.

6. yoop

anyone have goodmans tech service number handy???? 25 minutes till they close for the weekend

7. Jay 41

Jay 41 Whole-ass

Bender or rob, I don't have their numbers though. Might be in THe official phone number thread...Welcome back.:beer:

8. yoop

So the whole problem started when I decided top pull and clean the burners. I did that and when I put everything back together I got an E2 code. (low fire pressure switch stuck open). I don't have a manometer so after checking all the drain lines and the flue, I changed out the pressure switch.. That made no difference and without a manometer to check anything, I went ahead and changed out the inducer. Still had the same problem! Has to be a board board then I'm thinking. Well I'll never know because the new board apparently needs a memory card for that specific model (which I don't have). Going down to close to 0 degrees tonight, gonna be a fun weekend!

9. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

Jump it out:D

10. crackertech

With an A19 t stat tossed into the return air:D

Chuck and Jay 41 like this.
  11. Jay 41

Jay 41 Whole-ass

Check the low fire p.s. with your meter, is it really stuck open.......I've never worked on one of those Goodmans.

12. iron

iron we men are wretched things

where is my edit button?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  13. yoop

not "stuck" open, just doesn't close for some reason. Stat turned up, venter goes to high speed to prepurge, then drops to low speed, where the low fire pressure switch should close. It does not.

14. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

Can't you jump it out manually after the inducer gets up and running?

Zman likes this.
  15. yoop

I can jump the switch and get the ignitor to power up but the board isn't supplying enough power to open the gas valve. The board has apparently gone haywire. Only fix is to order a memory card Monday.

16. Jay 41

Jay 41 Whole-ass

hope ya have another way to heat the place.

17. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

Idk shit about Goodman, but carrier and bryant have a little board/chip of sorts that comes in smarter units. It doesn't come with a new board so if you do a change out you have to take it off the old one.

Nice fits btw

18. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

check to see if the old board has a removable chip. if so pull it and lug it in the new board. the pressure switch issue....once the inducer gets running jump it. it needs to see the negative pressure. some of those had really small reference holes to measure atmospheric and they get plugged up easily. later models use a different switch. also pull the tube at the inducer and make sure its not plugged with crap in the barb fitting or tube.

19. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Snuggle Up with them 3, I should say 6 in the Pic, you'll be alright!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  20. crackertech

Like you know something :D