1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Need a Metasys Guru

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by generaltech1, Feb 2, 2012.

1. generaltech1

generaltech1 A not so new member

No alarm points showing, and the schedule is set, as far as I can tell, but I can double check that in the am. And I believe it was the "SA-T.SP" that was reading 100*f
  2. generaltech1

I was told that one of the previous techs would go in "tweak" the system, all the time, and was told numerous times by JCI to leave it alone, except for changing zone temps as needed.
  3. flange

flange I can't make u do it, I can only make u wish u had

Obviously me readers digest version doesnt cover everything that happens in a system, however, what we have here is a guy who needs help. This is typicaly of many newbies when they see automation, just like when a rooftop guy sees his first chiller. We need to get him to realize its just a system, and try to focus on what is the real issue. most likely it is an errant setpoint, he just needs to find the right one. it could also be a sensor failure, but that should be a really wacky value, causing him to see something unusual. ie, it is clearly not -40 degrees in the duct. to me, the first thing that needs to happen is a calming effect, then the real work can begin.
  4. generaltech1

M: YPAL080MVC46BBDX S: RHSM019589. NAE controllers, multiple vav reheat boxes
  5. flange

flange I can't make u do it, I can only make u wish u had

looks like you got simplicity elite I think in your unit. You will need to verify settings either in the front end or at the rooftop. here is a copy of a simplicity elite for smaller units, I cannot find the one for your unit, but this will give you an ide. read it carefully, as it doesnt take much to eff it up.

Attached Files: